While I prefer the texture of almond flour for baking, I think it is good to alternate and use a variety so as not to develop sensitivities to frequently eaten foods. If you are trying to avoid almond flour and grain-based flours, this is a great alternative—served with vegan butter and 100 percent organic maple syrup!
These delicious pancakes are dairy-free, sugar-free, grain-free, nut-free and gluten-free. Serve them with organic vegan butter and 100 percent maple syrup! Photo By Jennifer Robins.
Coconut Flour Pancakes Recipe
• 1/2 cup coconut flour
• 1-1/2 cups coconut milk
• 2 eggs
• 1 teaspoon vanilla
• 2 teaspoons powdered stevia
• pinch sea salt
• 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
• 2 tablespoons olive oil
1. Preheat griddle or skillet over low-medium heat.
2. Mix all ingredients into bowl.
3. Place spoonfuls onto griddle or skillet (I use a griddle) and allow to brown on underside before flipping. Attempting to flip too soon will make pancake fall apart.
Allow the pancake batter to brown before flipping. Photo By Jennifer Robins.
4. Once flipped, press down slightly on cooked side to flatten pancake slightly.
5. If burning, turn heat down—coconut flour is slightly tricky in the sense that the outside can burn while the inside is still undercooked if the heat is not ideal.
6. Remove from griddle and serve with your favorite toppings!
Enjoy golden pancakes without the guilt! Photo By Jennifer Robins.
I am Jennifer, just a plain ol’ mom. Not a “Pinterest worthy” mom, or a “soccer mom,” or a “PTA president mom.” Just a run-of-the-mill, trying to survive, want-the-best-for-my-family kind of mom and wife. After being gluten-free for about four years, I realized there was still a lot of junk in our pantry, and I wanted better for our family. I began cooking more from scratch, using real WHOLE foods of which I can feel proud. I make meals that are “predominantly paleo,” meaning I have used some dairy, but overall I focus on grain-free, refined-sugar-free foods.