- 30 g (1 oz/2 tablespoons) unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 4 peaches, stoned and cut into wedges
- 1 x 400 ml (13 fl oz) tin coconut milk, chilled overnight upside down
- 4 shortbread biscuits (cookies), lightly crushed
- Melt the butter and sugar in a frying pan (skillet) until the sugar dissolves.
- Add the peaches and cook, shaking the pan occasionally, until the peaches start to caramelise.
- Remove from the heat.
- Open the tin of coconut milk, discard the water and whisk the thick coconut cream to medium-stiff peaks.
- Serve with peaches and shortbread crumbs.
Recipe excerpted with permission from 10 Minute Desserts by Anna Helm-Baxter, published by Hardie Grant Books September 2018, RRP $19.99 Paperback.
In 10 Minute Desserts (Hardie Grant Books, 2018) by Anna Helm-Baxter, readers will find simple recipes to make for any occasion in just under 10 minutes. Find easy desserts that can be made in a hurry if in a pinch. Recipes include wide variety of baked goods, fruit dishes, and sweet treats. This excerpt is located in chapter 3, “Fruit”.