Experiment with a variation of seasonings such as cayenne pepper, garlic powder, or Cajun seasoning blend to make a zesty and healthy snack. MAKES 2 CUPS
• 1 cup whole raw pumpkin seeds
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
• 1/8 teaspoon desired seasoning, such as cayenne pepper, cumin, or curry
1. Scoop the seeds from the pumpkin and place them on a plate.
2. Remove the strings and pulp, and blot with a paper towel. Do not rinse.
3. Combine the olive oil, salt, garlic salt, desired spice, and pumpkin seeds.
4. Mix thoroughly and spread in a shallow baking dish.
5. Bake for 1 hour at 275 degrees, tossing occasionally with a spatula, until the seeds are golden brown and fragrant.
Click here for the main article, Pumpkins and Spice.
Sit in on dozens of practical workshops from the leading authorities on Natural Health, Organic Gardening, Real Food and more!LEARN MORE