Makes 1 sandwich
• 2 white bread slices
• 2 tablespoons butter, softened
• 1 to 2 tablespoons finely minced fresh sage
• 1 to 2 ounces Brie, roughly sliced
• Fresh sage sprigs, for garnish
1. Spread one side of both bread slices of with butter. Sprinkle with sage.
2. Arrange Brie slices on one buttered bread slice. Place remaining bread slice, buttered side down, on top of Brie,
3. Spread butter on both sides of sandwich. Cook sandwich in a preheated panini press 2 to 3 minutes or until golden brown.
4. Cut in half and serve immediately.
Caleb Melchior studies landscape architecture at Kansas State University in Manhattan, Kansas. When not working in the design studio, he writes about food and works in the garden.
Click here for the main article, Sage Varieties: Growing Tips and Recipes .
Sit in on dozens of practical workshops from the leading authorities on Natural Health, Organic Gardening, Real Food and more!LEARN MORE