Dehydrators provide a quick and easy way to dry your favorite herbs.
Herbal Rub for Poultry
MAKES 2 TABLESPOONS
A great way to serve a tasty meal and make use of the dehydrated herbs from your garden is with these seasonings. The 2 tablespoons provides plenty of seasoning for a small chicken or other poultry as a main dish. Garnish with vegetables and enjoy.
• 1 tablespoon dried lemon thyme
• 1 teaspoon dried sage
• 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
• 1 teaspoon black pepper
• 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
• 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1. Slightly crush the herbs using a mortar and pestle. Combine all the ingredients and store in an airtight container.
2. To use, wash the poultry and pat it dry.
3. Lightly oil the surface. Sprinkle 1 to 2 tablespoons (to taste) per pound, and rub it in.
4. Let stand loosely covered for 1 hour or more in the refrigerator before cooking.
Click here to return to the main article, Preserving Herbs for Winter Use.
Cathy Manus-Gray is an herbal educator and freelance writer who lives, works, and plays at Herban Gardens, an oasis in the city of Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio.
Sit in on dozens of practical workshops from the leading authorities on natural health, organic gardening, real food and more!LEARN MORE