Disinfect your home naturally with this homemade all-purpose cleaner.
Using castile soap that is already imbued with lavender will help bump up the intensity of the lavender scent.
When making this Homemade All-Purpose Cleaner with Lavender recipe, using castile soap that is already imbued with lavender will help bump up the intensity of the lavender scent.
• 2 tablespoons distilled white vinegar
• 1 teaspoon borax
• Distilled or purified water
• 1/4 cup lavender liquid castile soap
• 10 drops lavender essential oil
• 1 teaspoon lemon juice
1. Mix vinegar and borax in a 16-ounce bottle. Fill the bottle 3/4 full with hot water. Shake until borax is dissolved.
2. Add the soap, essential oil and lemon juice. Shake well.
This recipe is adapted from The Lavender Lover’s Handbook (Timber Press, 2012).
Click here to read the main article, Cheap Cleaning Tricks: Clean with Lavender, a Natural Disinfectant.
Sit in on dozens of practical workshops from the leading authorities on Natural Health, Organic Gardening, Real Food and more!LEARN MORE