- 1 (8oz) package of wheat-free soba noodles
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 1/2 a savoy cabbage, cored and shredded
FOR THE DRESSING
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons warm water
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons honey
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Blend all the dressing ingredients together in a food processor or in a bowl using an immersion blender. Season.
- Bring a large saucepan of salted water to a boil. Add the soba noodles and cool for about 9 minutes (or according to the package directions), until almost ready, then add the vegetables and cook for another 2 minutes. Drain, then transfer to a serving bowl and toss with the dressing while still hot. Serve.
TIPS• Try this with a mixture of the following: cauliflower, green beans, sugar snap peas, or grated root vegetables. • This dressing also makes a good dip for grilled vegetable brochettes and kebabs. Looking for more exotic flavor? Try Leon’s Easy Tandoori Cauliflower Recipe.
This excerpt has been reprinted with permission from Leon: Fast Vegetarian by Janet Baxter & Henry Dimbleby and published by Conran Octopus, 2014.
Explore the flavorful, vibrant meals that can be prepared with seasonal vegetables in Leon: Fast Vegetarian (Conran Octopus, 2014). Authors Janet Baxter and Henry Dimbleby believe that delicious, healthy meals don’t require spending hours in the kitchen. Bring family and friends together with simple, globally-inspired recipes, such as the following Warm Soba Noodle Salad.
Here’s something you can do with peanut butter other than spreading it on bread. The vegetables used can vary with the seasons. We used broccoli and cabbage.
Vegetarian | Wheat-Free | Dairy-Free