- 2 cups frozen strawberries
- 1-1/2 cups green tea ice cubes*
- 1 cup grapefruit, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1-1/2 cups pomegranate juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- Stevia, maple syrup or honey, to taste
- Blend all ingredients together until frosty. Taste and sweeten as desired.
*To make green tea ice cubes, simply freeze prepared green tea in ice cube trays until solid.
Check out affordable superfoods and recipes: Read 10 Superfoods You Can Afford.
Adapted with permission from Superfood Kitchen, available on the Mother Earth Living store.
Grapefruit’s domineering flavor likes to be the center of attention—one reason it’s seldom used in smoothies, which are more of a team sport. Here, although it still takes the spotlight, grapefruit works nicely with the other fruits, resulting in a full-bodied flavor.