Use beets to lend a fabulous pink color to this homemade lip tint.
Beets produce a fabulous pink lip tint. This recipe from The Ultimate Natural Beauty Book by Josephine Fairley uses juice extracted from grated cooked beets, but you can also use bottled pure beet juice from a natural food store.
• 2 tablespoons sweet almond oil
• 2 tablespoons beeswax granules or grated beeswax
• 3 teaspoons beet juice (or less for a paler balm)
• 4 drops peppermint essential oil
1. Gently heat oil and beeswax in a double boiler (be careful not to scorch wax).
2. Remove from heat and gradually add beet juice, 1 teaspoon at a time, until you achieve the color you like.
3. Whisk very well with a fork or small whisk. Add peppermint oil and whisk again.
4. Transfer to a sterilized jar. Let cool before lidding. Label and enjoy.
Read the original article, Homemade Holiday Gift Ideas.
Sit in on dozens of practical workshops from the leading authorities on natural health, organic gardening, real food and more!LEARN MORE