Make this Vanilla-Rose Cordial recipe to use as a handcrafted herbal gift for family and friends this holiday
Vanilla-Rose Cordial Recipe
The perfect nightcap as you sit in the waning firelight.
• 2 vanilla beans
• 1 ounce dried rose petals
• 1 ounce vitex berries (Vitex agnus-castus)
• 1/2 ounce damiana
• 2 cups brandy
• 1/4 cup rosewater
1. Slit the vanilla beans lengthwise and cut them into 1-inch
2. Combine the beans with the other ingredients in a glass
container and let the mixture soak, covered, for 2 weeks, shaking
3. Strain, add the rosewater, and bottle. Sip in special
cordial glasses. Makes about 2 1/4 cups (10 to 12 servings).
Mindy Green is an herbalist, aromatherapist, educator, and writer. She is also an esthetician, a consultant to the
natural products industry, and director of education at the Herb Research Foundation in Boulder, Colorado. She is the author
of Calendula (Keats, 1998), Natural Perfumes (Interweave, 1999), and co-author of
Complete Guide to the Healing Art (The Crossing Press, 1995).
Read more about making herbal holiday gifts: Homemade Holiday
Gifts: Herb and Aromatherapy Recipes.