Yield: One 4-ounce tin
- 2 tbsp beeswax
- 2 tbsp jojoba oil
- 4 tbsp coconut oil
- 1⁄4 tsp lemon essential oil
- Add beeswax, jojoba oil, and coconut oil to the top of a double boiler, or place them in a bowl over a pot of boiling water. Melt ingredients together over medium heat. Remove from heat as soon as beeswax is fully melted. Stir together well.
- Add lemon essential oil. Stir well.
- Pour into a 4-ounce tin, or two 2-ounce jars.
- To use, apply a thin layer of polish to clean, dry cutting boards. Allow this to sit on the surface of the board for 1 hour. Wipe off with a dry, lint-free cloth. Apply once a month.
Excerpted with permission from The Beeswax Workshop: How to Make Your Own Natural Candles, Cosmetics, Cleaners, Soaps, Healing Balms and More by Chris Dalziel © Ulysses Press, 2016.