While waiting for a main course to finish cooking, you can make this simple salad with the remnants of a bunch of broccoli. Or, integrate shaved broccoli, which is sweet, mild and tender, into your favorite salads and slaws.
• Leaves and stalks from 1 bunch broccoli (about 3 stalks)
• 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
• 1-1/2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
• Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
• 1/4 cup crumbled cotija or feta cheese
1. Place broccoli stalks on cutting board, then use sharp vegetable peeler to shave into paper-thin strips.
2. Place shaved broccoli and leaves in medium bowl and toss with remaining ingredients.For helpful whole plant tips visit: Eat the Whole Plant