In Thin from Within: The Go with Your Gut Way to Lose Weight, Robyn Youkilis helps readers shed physical (and emotional) weight. The book serves both as a coaching guide and a cookbook, with easy to follow instructions to help readers get started on their weight loss journey, a meal plan to reset the gut, and 75 delicious recipes for every occasion and craving. The following excerpt is from Chapter 7, "Morning Start."
This smoothie combines healing spices with lucuma, a nutrient-dense, low-glycemic sweetener made from a Peruvian fruit. Lucuma is also rich in prebiotic fiber (which feeds those good probiotics in your gut).
- 1 cup frozen steamed zucchini
- 1 cup nondairy milk (I recommend coconut or cashew)
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 (1/2-inch) piece fresh ginger, peeled
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon lucuma powder (optional)
- Pinch of freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup plain rolled oats
- Combine all the ingredients in a high-speed blender and blend until smooth.
More from Thin from Within:
Excerpted with permission from Thin from Within, by Robyn Youkilis. Published by Kyle Books, © 2018.