In Thin from Within: The Go with Your Gut Way to Lose Weight, Robyn Youkilis helps readers shed physical (and emotional) weight. The book serves both as a coaching guide and a cookbook, with easy to follow instructions to help readers get started on their weight loss journey, a meal plan to reset the gut, and 75 delicious recipes for every occasion and craving. The following excerpt is from Chapter 7, "Morning Start."
If banana smoothies give you a sugar high and upset your tummy, frozen steamed cauliflower is your new BFF. This secret, tasteless ingredient gives all the creaminess with none of the sugar.
- 1-1/2 cups frozen steamed cauliflower
- 2 to 4 tablespoons collagen
- 3/4 cup frozen organic blueberries
- 1-1/2 cups nondairy milk (I recommend almond or flax)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon nut butter
- Liquid stevia (optional)
- Combine all the ingredients except the stevia in a high-speed blender and blend until smooth. Taste and add a drop or two of stevia, if desired, and blend to incorporate before serving.
More from Thin from Within:
Excerpted with permission from Thin from Within, by Robyn Youkilis. Published by Kyle Books, © 2018.