This Tropical Jungle Salsa recipe is perfect to pair with meats or as a dip with tortilla chips.
Learn how to make this easy Tropical Jungle Salsa recipe at home.
Photo by Fotolia/jb325
This homemade Tropical Jungle Salsa recipe is easy to make and delicious to eat.
This salsa is delicious used as a side dish, salad, topping for fish or chicken or simply as a dip with chips.
• 3 large ripe tomatoes
• 1/3 cup white onion, finely chopped
• 1/4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
• 1 to 2 habanero peppers, seeded and chopped
• 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
• 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
• 3/4 cup cucumber, peeled, seeded, diced
• 3/4 cup red radish, diced
• 3/4 cup jicama, diced
• 1/3 cup cilantro, chopped
• 3 tablespoons fresh mint, finely chopped
1. Trim and halve tomatoes. Gently squeeze out and discard the seeds and juice. Chop the tomatoes.
2. In a food processor, combine the tomatoes, onions, orange juice, habaneros, lime juice, and salt; process until fairly smooth.
3. Transfer the puree to a bowl and stir in the diced cucumber, radish, jicama, cilantro and mint.
Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving. The salsa can be prepared up to 1 day in advance.
Jim Long lives and works in the Ozark mountains of Arkansas. His newest book, Sensational Salsas, is available through Long Creek Herbs
(www.longcreekherbs.com). Order it by calling (417) 779-5450.
Read more about how to make fresh salsa: Homemade Salsa Recipes.
More than 150 workshops, great deals from more than 200 exhibitors, off-stage demos, inspirational keynotes, and great food!LEARN MORE