These peppers make an ultra-easy appetizer. Bring just the amount you plan to use to room temperature and serve them on toasted crostini, with or without cheese.
• 1 pound ripe sweet peppers
• 4 to 6 cloves garlic, diced
• Handful each of fresh basil, parsley and oregano leaves
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• About 1 1/2 cups extra virgin olive oil
1. Using your oven’s broiler, a gas or charcoal grill, or the flame of a gas burner, carefully char peppers until the outer skins are black all the way around. Set aside to cool, then slip off and discard skins. Slice into strips and discard seeds.
2. Toss peppers in garlic, herbs and salt. Add to pint jar and cover completely with oil. Refrigerate and use for about a month.
For more recipes for preserving food check out our End-of-Summer Food Preservation Guide.
Pay Now & Save 58% Off the Cover Price
Copyright 2016, All Rights Reserved | Ogden Publications, Inc., 1503 SW 42nd St., Topeka, Kansas 66609-1265
Special Interest Websites : Community Chickens • Good Things to Eat • Keeping Backyard Bees