Father’s Day is a great time to show your dad appreciation and also lead him on a greener track. Check out these eco-friendly Father’s Day gift ideas:
1. For a father who loves golf, these eco-friendly golf balls help him be green on the green. They are made of water-soluble polymer and are nontoxic and biodegradable, so when he hits one into the water, the marine life will be safe. They cost $35 for 20 or $70 for six dozen.
2. Get your dad grilling green with a FlameDisk, an alternative to charcoal heating. Just place the aluminum disk on the grill and light an outer hole, and the grill will be ready to use. Make sure your dad recycles the disk when finished. A set of three costs $15. Make sure to give dad these these watermelon recipes, which include a recipe for watermelon barbecue marinade.
3. A gadget-obsessed dad will love this solar charger for iPod, iPhone and iTouch from SolLight. In an hour and a half, the battery will be 50 percent charged, enough for hours of use. No adapters are necessary; the $40 charger plugs in directly to the Apple product.
4. These handmade recycled necktie wallets made by Laura Skelton and sold on Etsy are sure to impress any stylish dad. They sell for $30.
This wallet, made from old neckties, is the perfect gift for any dad.
5. Is your dad always late? Get him a clock made from recycled rubber and bike parts to help him be on time. Prices range from $30-$90.
6. If your dad is a music lover, these coasters made from recycled vinyl records are sure to make him sing. Keep them in their wooden storage box when they’re not in use. Get four for $16.
7. For an outdoorsy father, an eco-friendly backpack is the perfect gift. The Bighorn Backpack is made from PVC-free 1680D ballistic nylon and 300D ripstop. It is coated in Ecoweave technology. Ecoweave is free of AZO, chlorine, dioxin, phthalates and heavy metals. The backpack costs $40 and comes in red, blue and gray.
The gift I chose will have to remain a secret because my dad reads my blog! What eco-friendly Father's Day gift will you get your dad?
Sit in on dozens of practical workshops from the leading authorities on natural health, organic gardening, real food and more!LEARN MORE