Thinking about giving your air compressor a clean? Since an air compressor is required in almost every air tool that one can think about, it is an important machine and regular cleaning is a good way to ensure that it continues to operate well. Don’t ignore the health of your air compressor if you want tools to function in an uninterrupted manner. Here are seven steps that will help you keep your air compressors completely clean.
Photo by Fotolia.
• Check the Manual: This has to be the first step in your air compressor cleaning schedule. The user manual helps you know the workings of the specific air compressor you’re using. There will be some facts and tips stated in it that have been put there so that you take special care to follow them. Following the manual also helps keep the warranty from becoming void.
• Keep the Tanks Moisture-Free: Moisture accumulates in the air tank when the air is being compressed. If you live in a humid environment, the chances of moisture accumulating in the tank increase. Therefore, it may be necessary to drain the tanks of air compressor regularly.
• Nuts and Bolts: Because your air compressor is probably used on a regular basis, it’s wise to check all the fasteners, like nuts, bolts and the screws, before each use. Tighten them up whenever you notice they’ve become loose.
• Check the Hose: The hose is like the vein of the air compressor. Any leakage or breakage that the hose suffers can cause a great amount of pressure on the air compressor. Therefore, as soon as you observe some kind of damage to the hose, get it repaired as soon as possible.
• Compressor Oil: You need to clear the oil in the compressor and replace it with fresh compressor oil from time to time. This applies only to oil-based compressors, not any other varieties.
• Cleaning the Fuel Tank: As important as it is to clean the fuel inside the Quincy Rotary Screw Air Compressor, it’s also essential to regularly clean the fuel tank in the air compressor. This ensures that the air compressor is free of any residual buildup.
• Changing the Separator Elements: It is recommended that you change the separator elements in the air compressor with every 1000 hours of use.
These are some of the things that you need to take note of in order to keep your air compressor absolutely clean and free of damage. There are other small things that will be in listed your user manual, as well. Once you understand the different parts of an air compressor and their functions, you will be able to efficiently clean the compressor.
Meggie Haneckow is a niche writer and blogger who loves to write on trending topics and share her personal experiences and knowledge through her writing. She is also a health enthusiast, so she loves to share health-care related tips through her blogs.
Sit in on dozens of practical workshops from the leading authorities on Natural Health, Organic Gardening, Real Food and more!LEARN MORE