I hope everyone had a happy Thanksgiving! I had both Thanksgiving lunch and Thanksgiving dinner with my family, so there was a lot of delicious food to enjoy.
Now that Thanksgiving is over and the Macy Day Parade blimps have deflated, I’ve realized Christmas is less than a month away. Are you ready? Because I’m not! Here are my eight ways to create an herb-inspired Christmas.
8. Get in the kitchen and start baking delicious treats for your friends and family. It’s easier than finding everyone you know and love individual gifts. I’m most excited to try creating these Christmas Cookie Trees. Bake one of the six cookie recipes as the perfect centerpiece for any Christmas party.
7. I have been in love with paper ever since I was little and put in charge of wrapping Christmas gifts. Since then I’ve gotten tired of the same wrapping plus store-bought bow combination and have tried more creative decoration methods. As you start getting gifts, try getting creative with some of these fun wrappings.
6. Create something handmade for all of your family, friends and coworkers. It’s a gift that is both from the heart and easy on your wallet. I recommend making soap for everyone you love. Try these nine different soap recipes, and if they don’t suit you, play around with the herbs you have around the house to create your own scent.
4. Decorate a gingerbread house using herbs from your indoor garden.
3. Make a donation to your favorite charity. The Herb Companion recommends these six charities that support the prosperity of herbs.
2. Reduce your carbon footprint with carbon neutral shopping at www.EarthMoment.com. This website allows you to buy products online from almost 1,000 retailers like Target and Wal-mart (click here for the complete list) while staying friendly to the environment.
1. A fairy cottage, luxurious jewelry and a decorative vase are only some of the products The Herb Companion picked for its 2008 holiday gift guide. Click here to learn more about our favorite gifts of the season!
Sit in on dozens of practical workshops from the leading authorities on natural health, organic gardening, real food and more!LEARN MORE