November 2019 Could-Do Calendar
1. Clean, refill, and put out your bird feeders for those critters that overwinter in your yard.
2. Create your own potpourri to refresh your home, or to give as a gift.
3. Put your canned summer vegetables and cool-weather greens to use in hearty winter soups.
Photo by Adobe Stock/Rawpixel.com
4. November 28 is Thanksgiving, a day to step back, slow down, and remind yourself of what you’ve been blessed with.
5. On November 29, instead of Black Friday, enjoy Buy Nothing Day by relaxing with friends and family and enjoying everything you already own.
Elderberry vs Poke Berry Identification
Learn to distinguish elderberry (Sambucus canadensis, s.nigra) from poisonous pokeberry.
Harvest Like a Pro
Make the most of these summer garden favorites with expert tips for harvesting, storing and preserving.
The Effects of Nature on Mental and Physical Health
Science is proving that time spent outdoors can have a calming, rejuvenating effect on your mental and physical health.