January 2020 Could-Do Calendar
1. January 1 is New Year’s Day! Rather than feel daunted by resolutions, remind yourself that the first of the year is for contemplating positive changes.
2. Cozy close to your favorite person, pet, or blanket on January 6, Cuddle Up Day.
3. Combine 1 cup fresh pine needles, 1 cup distilled water, and 1/4 cup witch hazel to make a stimulating toner to improve winter skin.
4. We could all use a little more positive human interaction. What better time for this than January 21, National Hugging Day?
5. Step outside your comfort zone, and find at least one new meal to prepare at home this month!
Elderberry vs Poke Berry Identification
Learn to distinguish elderberry (Sambucus canadensis, s.nigra) from poisonous pokeberry.
Harvest Like a Pro
Make the most of these summer garden favorites with expert tips for harvesting, storing and preserving.
The Effects of Nature on Mental and Physical Health
Science is proving that time spent outdoors can have a calming, rejuvenating effect on your mental and physical health.