February 2020 Could-Do Calendar
1. Whether it’s a walk around the neighborhood or a cross-country ski trip, find a way to be active outdoors this month.
2. Relax and recharge on February 9, Read in the Bathtub Day.
3. February 14 isn’t just Valentine’s Day; it’s also Ferris Wheel Day! Celebrate George Washington Gale Ferris Jr. and his invention by hopping on to ride with a loved one.
4. Replace just one harmful product in your life with a plastic-free alternative, such as a bamboo toothbrush, cloth grocery bag, or beeswax food wrap.
5. 2020 is a leap year! Make the most of your extra 24 hours this February 29.
Elderberry vs Poke Berry Identification
Learn to distinguish elderberry (Sambucus canadensis, s.nigra) from poisonous pokeberry.
Harvest Like a Pro
Make the most of these summer garden favorites with expert tips for harvesting, storing and preserving.
The Effects of Nature on Mental and Physical Health
Science is proving that time spent outdoors can have a calming, rejuvenating effect on your mental and physical health.