December 2019 Could-Do Calendar
1. Poinsettia Day on December 12 marks the passing of botanist Joel Roberts Poinsett, who brought the blooming plant from Mexico to the U.S. (See “Post-Holiday Poinsettia Care.”)
Photo by Getty Images/petrenkod
2. Host a wreath-making party to use up the green of the season and spend time with loved ones.
3. The eight days of Hanukkah begin on December 22. Honor this time with family, community, food, and games.
4. Did you know that Christmas shares December 25 with Pumpkin Pie Day? What could be more fitting?
5. December 26 marks the beginning of Kwanzaa, during which African community and culture is celebrated.
Skin-Soothing Lavender Body Lotion Recipe
Use calming lavender in this simple Skin-Soothing Lavender Body Lotion Recipe.
Do a Spicy-Hot Detox
Activate your internal fire with pungent spices and aromatics to rid your body of unwanted toxins.
DIY Chest Rub to Relieve Common Cold Symptoms
Soothe cold symptoms naturally with this DIY chest rub. Eucalyptus oil is a great natural decongestant and coconut oil and beeswax benefit the skin.