The newest edition of Guide to Healing Herbs is packed with valuable and illuminating information on more than 125 herbs for healing, cooking and growing!
This 100-page guide is filled with articles on herbs, herbal remedies, healthy recipes and more. Discover 12 handy household uses for mint. Read how to make your own herbal medicines, including capsules, poultices, tinctures, salves and teas. Follow instructions on making herbal oils and butters that make great (and inexpensive) gifts. Learn how to grow and harvest thyme, cilantro, parsley, lemon balm and more.
More articles include:
- Household Uses for Aloe – Not only is aloe a low-maintenance plant to grow at home near a windowsill, it has a multitude of handy uses.
- Healing Herbs Around the World – Take a tour of some of the most ancient medicinal plants across the globe.
- Dental Herbalism: Smart, Natural Care for Your Mouth – Turn to safe and effective herbal remedies for modern-day dental care, from ancient herbal rinses to easy toothpaste.
- Herbal Skin Healers – Scientifically backed first-aid herbs can often heal wounds and relieve pain better than pharmaceutical alternatives. Learn what to stock in your natural first-aid kit.
- An Indoor Winter Herb Garden – Keep eating healthful fresh herbs throughout the colder months with this advice for indoor success with culinary herbs.