Live self-sufficiently with the help of these three premium issues from MOTHER EARTH NEWS! Ditch the store-bought and pre-made life, and live off the land with these guides, each featuring more than 100 pages of content. With this special package, you’ll receive:
MOTHER EARTH NEWS PREMIUM: MODERN HOMESTEADING SPRING 2015
Modern Homesteading features more than 25 articles that cover off-grid living, easy food gardens, solar heating plans, preserving food, and much more.
Read how to start a no-dig, easy-care bag garden that produces 25 favorite food crops. Discover how to make a food self-sufficiency plan by estimating how much to grow or buy, and learn how to achieve food security with the help of our handy charts and guidelines. With this guide’s help, keep bees and produce fresh, delicious honey in your own backyard. Make your own herbal medicine by finding ingredients for many basic herbal remedies.
Other articles include:
• Easy, No-Knead Crusty Bread: Bake crispy, gorgeous loaves from scratch using this simple technique. All you need are a few ingredients and a blazing-hot Dutch oven for miraculous results.
• Five DIY, Low-Cost, and Multipurpose Greenhouses: Use recycled materials to create an affordable garden greenhouse so you can enjoy fresh food all year long!
• Emergency Power Options: With the right generator, you’ll be prepared when storms or blackouts leave you without electricity.
• Backyard Chicken Basics: They’re less work than house pets and more fun than a tire swing. Plus, they provide delicious, nutritious eggs.
• How to Make Yogurt, Kefir, and Cheese: Tap the health benefits of rich, tangy fermented milk products.
MOTHER EARTH NEWS PREMIUM: SELF-RELIANCE AND COUNTRY SKILLS
This MOTHER EARTH NEWS Premium Issue will help you live off your land and save money! Inside, you’ll find the top tools for a half-acre homestead; learn to pressure can meat; source truly high-quality garden seeds; read how to raise sheep; and more.
Learn the most important self-reliance skill ever by mastering six habits to getting the right work done, the right way. Read the best staple crops for building food self-sufficiency, and fill your pantry and boost your food security by growing 10 space-efficient, calorie-rich staple crops that return high yields and store easily sans fossil fuels. Discover the benefits of the American Guinea hog; a perfect size for smaller homesteads, this heritage breed is easy to manage and provides choice meat and lard.
Other articles include:
• Winter’s Glowing Root Vegetables – Brilliant beets and cold-hardy carrots can help light up your winter meals.
• How to Make Compost – Choose from the many easy ways to make compost for increased garden productivity.
• Expert Advice for Greenhouse Growing – Build a greenhouse in your backyard and you’ll be amazed at its many use.
• Raise Sheep: Low-Maintenance Livestock – Requiring less space and capital than cattle, sheep can provide homegrown, pastured meat with terrific flavor and a powerful nutrient profile. Many sheep breeds can also help turn rocky, dry hillsides into productive pasture.
• 5 Delicious Wild Greens – Give up the war on weeds and embrace the fortifying vegetables right outside your door.
MOTHER EARTH NEWS PREMIUM: SELF-SUFFICIENT LIVING
Become more reliant on yourself and your land with the MOTHER EARTH NEWS Premium Issue: Self-Sufficient Living. Learn how to hatch your own flock of chickens, grow food in less space, find your perfect country property, and get your own no-mortgage natural cottage. Get the best tips for keeping livestock, harnessing natural energy from a DIY wind generator, and making your own medicine. Save money and live healthily with all the best tips for living self-reliantly. Feel the true sense of accomplishment with the help of all the tips from Self-Sufficient Living.
Other articles include:
• Care and Cultivation of Permanent Garden Beds – Provide a secure habitat for the dynamic soil food web that sustains your crops by establishing permanent garden bed and paths.
• Grow Your Own Shiitake Mushrooms – Take these steps to fruit your own fungi for money, food, and fun.
• How to Make Your Own Moccasins – Take your tanned animal skins one step further by turning the leather into comfortable, durable footwear.
• Start a Work-from-Home Business – Our readers get down to business, offering advice on how to be your own boss.
• Homestead Helpers: Sheep, Cattle, Pigs, and Poultry – Livestock aren’t just useful for meat and eggs. They can mow lawns, work garden soil, dig stumps, and more!
Just how high will gas prices go? Nobody knows, but you can save money on gas now and find the right fuel-efficient vehicle for your needs via our new Guide to Green Cars. With reviews of more than 50 cars that get 35-plus mpg, proven tips for maximizing mpg, and the latest on hybrid, electric, clean diesel and flex-fuel vehicles, this 100-page special issue will be an invaluable resource whether you need a new ride now or down the road.
Articles in this guide include:
Author: Mother Earth News Editors
Cut down on your food and energy bills with the Guide to Living on Less and Loving it! from the Mother Earth News Wiser Living Series. Create a sustainable farm by growing your own food and raising your own chickens for meat or eggs. Heat water with the sun, make old-fashioned homemade soap, and raise goats for milk. Live self-reliantly with 65 tips for a DIY lifestyle, and make the best syrup straight from a tree. Save (and possibly earn!) money with tips to cutting your food bills in half, building your own home, and earning a living from a rural setting or from your own home. Get wise and save money with the Guide to Living Less and Loving It!
Turn your dreams of country living into a reality! The Mother Earth News Guide to Self-Reliance and Country Skills, 4th Edition is 100 pages of beneficial articles that will assist anyone wanting to live a more self-sufficient life. Nothing compares to the feeling of enjoying a meal that was raised and grown on your own land … no matter if it’s just the delicious preserves from your garden or the entire feast. There are also great articles on solar heating and other energy savings tips that will save you hundreds on your energy bills.
Several articles in this special issue provide useful and helpful tips on how to plan and maintain a successful self-sufficient homestead, from picking the perfect property to caring for the garden and livestock.
Reboost your health with hundreds of tips from the MOTHER EARTH NEWS Guide to Super Herbs. Inside this 96-page guide you’ll learn more about elderberry, turmeric, ginger, thyme, and more herbs for good health. Learn about the top six medicinal essential oils; natural dental and allergy remedies; herbs and nutrients for a better night’s rest; gardening for medicinal health, emotional well-being, and improved digestion; growing ginger and turmeric; and more.
Other articles include:
Format: Other/miscellaneous products
MOTHER EARTH NEWS PREMIUM: MODERN HOMESTEADING SPRING 2016 Create your own self-reliant homestead with the help of the Spring 2016 MOTHER EARTH NEWS Premium: Modern Homesteading issue! There are more than 100 pages in this colorful guide filled with MOTHER EARTH NEWS homesteading articles that cover garden beds, livestock, easy recipes, DIY projects, and more.
br> Read the top ways to get rid of ticks from your yard, home, and body to help prevent Lyme and other diseases. Discover simple, safe, and effective remedies for soothing sunburns, blisters, bug bites, and other minor maladies. Learn how to make easy, no-knead bread and homemade butter. Explore ways to live off the land with these strategies for establishing self-sufficient food production, including advice on crop rotations and raising livestock.
MOTHER EARTH NEWS PREMIUM ISSUE SELF-SUFFICIENT LIVING SPRING 2016 If you are ready to sell your downtown apartment and move to a 20-acre lot to live off the land, then this MOTHER EARTH NEWS new premium issue about self-sufficient living is just for you. Inside this 112-page guide, you’ will find discover articles on how to find the perfect country property, harvest tomatoes earlier, preserve produce, build DIY greenhouses, and more.
Explore 65 self-reliance tips that bring a DIY approach to every facet of life, and start saving big money today. Read how to grow and make your own simple medicines by tending a medicinal herb garden for ready access to a multitude of safe, healing remedies. Learn how to make homemade mayo, sourdough bread, pickles, and more.
MOTHER EARTH NEWS PREMIUM GUIDE TO HOMESTEAD DIY PROJECTS FALL 2017 This special premium issue, The MOTHER EARTH NEWS Premium Guide to Homestead DIY Projects, contains 28 articles to help you achieve your self-reliance dreams. This special issue from our belovedthe “Original Guide to Living Wisely”. Our goal at MOTHER EARTH NEWS is to provides information and inspiration to help you live more simply, more securely, and more sustainsably.
Spring, summer, fall, winter! This regional guide is loaded with expert-recommended techniques as well as crop varieties so that you can break through seasonal barriers in your climate and eat from your own garden all year.
• Grow Shiitake Mushrooms
• Smoky Barbecued Onions
• 5 Delicious Wild Greens
• Craft Backyard Apple Cider
• Winter Soups from the Cellar
• Savory and Satisfying Venison
Format: Other/miscellaneous products
Make the most of the fall season with the help this guide offers! You will find out how to grow your best fall garden, taking advantage of the cooler temperatures that will make your vegetables taste crisp and sweet. If you protect your vegetables, you can continue harvesting fresh, crisp produce through several fall and winter months! Speaking of cooler temperatures, choose the best wood-burning stove for your home with the expert advice contained in this guide, and find the best firewood types for your needs! Other articles include: • Eight easy projects for instant energy savings – Implement these inexpensive strategies to reduce your carbon footprint and slash your energy bills. • Choose Fermented foods for health and flavor – Humans have used fermentation for centuries to preserve food. Today, we know that fermentation also makes some foods more nutritious. • Outdoor root cellars – Try these five ways to store fresh food for winter right in your garden. • Brew your own beer – Home brewing is kettles of fun, and it’s the perfect way to make your own uniquely flavored, affordable drinks. • Sweet cider roundup – Make delicious cider with this advice on the best apples and how to press them. • Emergency power options – With the right generator, you’ll be prepared when storms or blackouts leave you without electricity.
Author: MOTHER EARTH NEWS EDITORS