201 Organic Baby And Toddler Meals (Adams Media, 2014) by Tamika L Gardner has over 200 recipes for tasty and nutritious baby and toddler meals. These delicious meals are easy on your child's tummy, the environment, and your schedule! This recipe for turkey tenderloin can be made for toddlers to enjoy at your next summer cookout.
The best part of summer is being able to grill outside. This turkey tenderloin is one of the first things you can make in celebration of the new season.
- 1 pound turkey tenderloin
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat grill on medium. Butterfly the tenderloin by cutting it in half lengthwise, being careful not to cut all the way through (stop about 1” from the other side). Spread the tenderloin open, cover it with plastic wrap, and pound gently with a meat mallet or rolling pin to flatten.
- Combine the remaining ingredients in a large resealable plastic bag. Add the turkey. Close the bag and knead it, pressing the marinade into the turkey. Let stand at room temperature for 10 minutes.
- Grill the turkey about 6” from the heat source for 5 minutes, brushing it with any leftover marinade. Turn the turkey and cook for 4–6 minutes, until no longer pink inside. Discard any remaining marinade. Serve immediately. Freeze leftovers for up to 2 weeks.
More from 201 Organic Baby And Toddler Meals:
Excerpted from 201 Organic Baby And Toddler Meals: The Healthiest Toddler and Baby Food Recipes You Can Make! by Tamika L. Gardner Copyright © 2014 Adams Media, a division of Simon and Schuster. Used by permission of the publisher. All rights reserved. Photos by Jennifer Yandle Photography. Cover design and photography by Erin Dawson.