Photo by Getty Images/Ravsky
This salsa screams summer — no matter what time of year it actually is! Yield: about 1-1/2 cups.
- 1 mango, peeled and diced
- 1/4 cup sea buckthorn berry juice
- 1 green onion, minced
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/2 jalapeño, seeded and minced
- 1 small tomato, diced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- Salt, to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl, and mix well.
- For best flavor, cover and refrigerate for 2 hours before serving.
- Serve with your favorite tortilla chips, or spoon over grilled chicken breasts or whitefish.
Find Out More:
- Cooking With Sea Buckthorn Berries
- Sea Buckthorn Berry Muffins
- Sea Buckthorn Berry Cashew Power Balls
- Sea Buckthorn Berry, Apple, and Mint Drink
- Quinoa Salad with Sea Buckthorn Berry Dressing
Sheryl Normandeau is a Master Gardener and writer from Calgary, Alberta. She grows mostly vegetables, but also plants perennial flowers, and always has a few projects in the works. Read more about her pursuits at Flowery Prose.