- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed and drained well
- 1/2 cup sliced raw almonds
- 3 tablespoons raw sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon safflower or other neutral-flavored oil
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix all ingredients and spread on prepared baking sheet. Bake until toasty and fragrant, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Transfer to a bowl and let cool completely. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 month.
Find more power packed recipes: Read 4 High-Protein Breakfast Recipes.
This article was reprinted with permission from Whole-Grain Mornings by Megan Gordon. Whole-Grain Mornings offers recipes based on local harvests and organized by season, and all feature healthy whole grains and plenty of protein. Buy this book from the Mother Earth Living store: Whole-Grain Mornings.
Think of this as a riff on a quick granola, but with quinoa instead of oats. Strewn with almonds and sesame seeds, this crunchy mix turns a simple bowl of yogurt into something almost regal. Plus, the quick punch of protein will help tide you over until lunch better than plain yogurt. In addition to draining the rinsed quinoa, I also spread it out on a dry kitchen towel to fully dry. No one wants soggy quinoa.