201 Organic Baby And Toddler Meals (Adams Media, 2014) by Tamika L Gardner has over 200 recipes for tasty and nutritious baby and toddler meals. These delicious meals are easy on your child's tummy, the environment, and your schedule! This recipe for grilled cheese is toddler-friendly.
This is a traditional favorite among many children.
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 2 slices whole-wheat bread
- 2 slices mild Cheddar cheese
- Generously butter one side of both slices of bread. Cut off the crusts with a knife.
- Preheat a skillet over medium heat. Place a slice of bread butter-side-down on the skillet. Top with the cheese. Place the other slice of bread butter-side-up on top of the cheese. Cook for 1–2 minutes, or until golden brown on the bottom. Use a spatula to flip the sandwich, and cook the other side for 1–2 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Remove from heat and let stand for about 2 minutes. Cut the sandwich into 4 squares. Let cool slightly before serving. Serve warm.
More from 201 Organic Baby And Toddler Meals:
Excerpted from 201 Organic Baby And Toddler Meals: The Healthiest Toddler and Baby Food Recipes You Can Make! by Tamika L. Gardner Copyright © 2014 Adams Media, a division of Simon and Schuster. Used by permission of the publisher. All rights reserved. Photos by Jennifer Yandle Photography. Cover design and photography by Erin Dawson.