4 servings SERVINGS
- 3 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 2 pounds carrots, cut into chunks
- Lemon pepper, to taste
- Sea salt, to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed (do not guess on this—celery seed is strong and you could easily ruin the soup if you overdo it)
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup whole-milk Greek yogurt
- Place stock in a pan with carrots, and cook until carrots are just tender.
- Use an immersion blender, or carefully transfer stock and carrots to a blender. Add lemon pepper, salt, celery seed and butter.
- Blend on high until completely smooth.
- Add yogurt and blend on low until incorporated. At this stage the soup is very thick. If you prefer a thinner soup, add another cup of stock and blend just enough to mix thoroughly. Serves 4. Find more healthful recipes in Healing Herbs and Spices in the Kitchen.
This recipe comes from cookbook author and podcast cohost Carrie Brown, who shares healthful recipes designed to make eating well fun on her website.