Are you tired of the store-bought products for hair? Are you planning to try an all-natural hair care routine for yourself? Have you tried witching your hair care products and still can't find a perfect solution for your hair type? Then this article is for you.
The three steps for a perfect hair care routine are:
- Leave-in conditioner
In order to maintain beautiful, healthy hair, cleanliness is very important. Oil your scalp at least twice a week. Instead of store-bought oil, with artificial ingredients, prepare your own nourishing hair oil at home.
How to Prepare an All-Natural Herbal Hair Oil
Here coconut oil acts as a base for the hair oil.
• Triphala powder - 250 g + 100 g
• Water - 4 liters
• Coconut oil - 500 mL
1. Preparation of Triphala decoction: 250 g of Triphala powder is added to 4 L of water. Boil and reduce it to 1 L. Now the decoction is ready. The general rule for making ideal decoction is always maintain a low flame, stirring continuously and always use a wide mouthed vessel.
2. Take 100 g of Triphala powder in a small bowl, add some water and make it a smooth paste.
3. Add 500 mL of coconut oil to this paste and stir well. Add this to the decoction and boil it till only the oil part remains.
How to know when you should stop heating the oil?
Initially while boiling bubbles will be appearing, at the end stage no bubbles will be there, and froth sets in. The muddy formed liquid in the initial stage starts getting clearer indicating it's time to stop heating. It may take up to 3 hours for the full procedure. You will get about 400-450 mL of final yield of oil.
Use this oil twice a week and wash off with an herbal shampoo after one hour.
Make an All-Natural Herbal Shampoo Powder
• Aritha (Natural Cleansing agent) – 1 tbsp
• Shikhai powder – 1 tbsp
• Hibiscus powder – 1 tbsp
• Water – quantity sufficient to make a smooth paste
• 2 drops of essential oil (I prefer rosemary)
1. Mix all the ingredients together in jar and leave it overnight. The next day when you are having a shower, apply this mixture to oiled hair and scalp, leave in for 20 minutes. Wash thoroughly in running water.
Most commercial hair cosmetics contain chemicals that have side effects on our body, in the long run. For example, constant use of some hair products could predispose one’s scalp to some diseases and skin allergies. Natural shampoo and conditioner tackle every hair concern you might have.
Now that the cleansing part is over. We will see what should be done for natural hair conditioning.
Prepare Natural Hair Conditioner
• Ripe Avocado mashed – 1/2
• Olive oil – 1/2 tsp
• Rose Mary Essential oil – 2 drops
1. Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl. Apply to wet hair, focusing on ends and leave for 10 minutes. Wash with cold water for silky smooth hair.
It is good to use a leave-in conditioner after using shampoo and conditioner. How can a leave-in conditioners help your hair? They can help provide extra moisture, as well as detangle strands, which can help make styling easier.
Homemade Leave-In Conditioner
• 1 cup aloe vera juice
• 2 cups coconut water
• 2 tsp. jojoba oil
1. In a spray bottle, mix all the ingredients together. Spray it onto towel dried hair after shower.
Jojoba oil mimics your natural hair oil, while aloe vera and coconut water help lock the moisture in your hair. After applying a leave-in conditioner, you can style your hair as usual.
These are simple, easy-to-prepare herbal remedies for healthy hair, which has natural moisture and glow in it.
What are your favorite herbs for hair? Let us know in the comments below.