3 Homemade Face Masks That Actually Work!
Daily sun exposure can cause our skin to become dull and gloomy over time. Women tend to spend thousands of dollars on commercial skin care products and masks in order to revive their skin and boost its glow, however, little do they know that such products are just doing more harm than good. They are loaded with chemicals and additives that cause more damage to your skin in the long run. On the other hand, natural ingredients are far more gentle on your skin and produce lasting results. They are loaded with powerful antioxidants and minerals that help in replenishing the skin’s texture, making it glow from within!
After lots of research and experimentation, I have finally found some incredible masks that will help you transform your skin and boost its texture.
Clay Mask for Acne-Prone Skin
Have you been breaking out a lot lately? This bentonite clay mask will be your skin’s savor for the season, as it extracts impurities from the skin, leaving it feeling fresh, smooth. and glowing.
What Is Bentonite Clay?
Created from the old volcanic ashes, bentonite clay is a natural healing clay that is high in potent minerals including magnesium, iron, and potassium. It has been used since the 2500 BC and originates from Wyoming.
Skin Benefits: Bentonite clay draws out impurities from the skin like a magnet and helps in clearing up your skin. It removes dead skin cells, shrinks pores, and controls sebum production.
- Chamomile Flower Water
- Produced from the chamomile flowers, this nourishing water has antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties, which makes it perfect for acne! It soothes the skin and reduces inflammation.
- Lavender Essential Oil
- This potent oil is derived from the flowers of lavender has anti-fungal and anti-bacterial properties. It soothes irritated skin and keeps acne at bay.
- Tea Tree Oil
- This oil has long been used due to its great antiseptic and healing properties. It helps in clearing up acne and improves the texture of the skin.
- Bentonite Clay
- A powerful clay that will unclog your pores and clear up your skin in no time!
Get this DIY face mask recipe with incredible acne-clearing effect!
Brightening Face Mask
Have pigmentation and dark spots ruined your skin over time? This mask will help you brighten up your skin tone and boost its glow!
- Organic Brown Rice Flour
- Extracted by powdering the rice kernels, this flour is high in vitamins B5 and C, which help in brightening your skin and tightening your pores.
- Orris Root Powder
- Made from the Orris root, this plant-based powder is a natural detoxifier that helps in drawing out impurities from the skin.
- Chamomile Flower Water
- This is a hydrosol extracted from the chamomile flowers, which helps in soothing the skin and reducing redness.
- Bengkoang Powder (optional)
- Also known as Pachyrhizus erosus, this powder is made from yam that is a potato-like fruit found in Asia. It helps in brightening and rejuvenating your skin.
Get this skin brightening face mask recipe!
Ayurvedic Face Mask
Win the battle against acne with this tried and tested Ayurvedic face mask that will help you get rid of those stubborn pimples and breakouts!
- Sacred Lotus Seed Powder
- This exfoliating powder is an astringent that will kill pimple-causing bacteria whilst promoting cell regeneration to boost your skin’s texture.
- Amla Fruit Powder
- Rich in vitamin C, this potent powder will purify your skin and help you fight off wrinkles.
- Multani Mitti Clay (Fuller’s Earth)
- This powerful clay will cleanse and detoxify your skin, leaving it feeling fresh and radiant.
Visit Organic Beauty Recipes to get this recipe!
Natural Hair Care Tips for All Hair Types and Textures
There are many different hair types, textures and requirements, there are tips and tricks that all hair types and textures can benefit from. Here are a few tips and tricks that can work for all hair types.
How to Boost your Skin’s Brightness with Vitamin C
Vitamin C can be highly effective for helping to even and tone the skin, diminish the look of age, sun and dark spots and help to give skin an overall healthy, youthful glow.
How to Treat and Prevent ‘Maskne’
The new normal of frequently wearing masks can unfortunately, come with acne. When skin is often covered, it can break out along the jawline, chin, cheeks, nose, and mouth, a pattern that many have been referring to as “maskne” or mask acne.