This energy elixir recipe, which is infused with energy-boosting herbs and a little brandy, has a handily long shelf life.
Take up to 2 tablespoons of this energy elixir daily. Stored in the refrigerator, it can last up to six months.
This delicious energy elixir recipe, preserved with brandy, is an energizing tonic with a handily long shelf life. Find out more information on naturally boosting energy in "Natural Energy Boosters."
• 1 tablespoon dried licorice
• 1 tablespoon dried astragalus
• 2 tablespoons dried damiana
• 2 tablespoons dried gotu kola
• 1 tablespoon dried black cherry
• 1 tablespoon dried elderberries
• 4 cups boiling water
• 1/2 cup sugar, honey or vegetable glycerin
• 1/2 cup brandy
1. Combine all herbs in a pot and pour boiling water over them. Steep, loosely covered, for 1 hour, or until liquid is reduced by half.
2. Strain and pour liquid into a 1-quart jar. Let cool, then add sweetener and brandy.
3. To use: Take up to 2 tablespoons per day for energy. Stored in the refrigerator, this elixir’s shelf life is about six months. Makes 1 quart.
Note: Herbal remedies can interact with medications, so talk to your doctor. Do not use this syrup if you’re pregnant or nursing.
Sit in on dozens of practical workshops from the leading authorities on Natural Health, Organic Gardening, Real Food and more!LEARN MORE