Canning Across America: Join the Canvolution is a blog dedicated to canning. It offers recipes, upcoming classes, great canning books and how-to articles. If you’re a canning enthusiast, or just starting off, this blog is the site for you.
Canning your summer’s harvest is always more fun when you have a canning buddy. CAN-A-RAMA is a section that features upcoming canning events throughout the country. If you have a canning or preserving event, simply submit the date, location, time and contact information under the website’s comments area.
Photo By Blacksmuff 53/Courtesy Flickr
Here are a few upcoming events:
• Seattle, Washington: 5:45-6:45 pm, Queen Anne Farmer’s Market, Canning Demo.
• Freeport, Maine: 1-3 p.m., Wolfe’s Neck Farm JAM session! Create summer berry jams and jellies in a local version of the coast-to-coast community canning event, “Can-A-Rama,” happening the weekend of Aug. 29-30, 2009. Details will be posted soon at Wolfe's Neck Farm's website.
• Philadelphia, Pennsylvania: 10 a.m.-1:30 p.m. Canning “info table” at the Clark Park Farmer’s Market (43rd and Baltimore).
• Boston, Massachusetts: Union Square, Somerville (check Canning Across America for a time).
• Seattle, Washington: 2 p.m. Home Canning Workshop: How to make jams, jellies, and fruit butters at home without processed sugar. This is part of an on going series of home canning classes. No previous knowledge of home canning is needed. Class will be held at Goods For the Planet, 525 Dexter Ave N. Workshop is $10 per person on the day of the class. You must reserve a space by emailing Vic.Phelps@gmail.com or call the store at (206) 652-2327.
Do you have a canning or preserving event coming up? Submit the date and we will let our readers know about it!
More than 150 workshops, great deals from more than 200 exhibitors, off-stage demos, inspirational keynotes, and great food!LEARN MORE