Makes 1 to 2 applications
Try this sweet-smelling treatment to tighten skin.
- 1 egg white
- ¼ teaspoon cornstarch
- ½ teaspoon dried or fresh lavender flowers
- ½ teaspoon dried or fresh elder flowers
- Combine all of the ingredients and whisk until foamy. Let the mixture stand for 3 minutes, then apply to a clean, dry face.
- Let the mixture dry (it will feel very tight) then remove it with a cool, wet washcloth by laying the cloth over the face and leaving it on long enough to soften the mask. Gently remove the cloth and pat off any remaining mask. Follow the treatment with a toner and a nonpetroleum moisturizer.
- Because this treatment is drying, I recommend that you use it only once or twice a week and also use a hydrating mask at least once a week. Hint: If your skin is very dry, substitute a whole egg for the egg white (the yolk contains fats and essential fatty acids) and leave out the cornstarch.
Adapted from The Skin Care Book: Simple Herbal Recipes by Kathlyn Quatrochi (Loveland, Colorado: Interweave Press, 1997). Kathlyn is a naturopathic doctor who lives in California, where she teaches herbal skin care, maintains a skin treatment practice, and makes Bio Balance Skin Care Products.
Click here for more recipes from the original article, Skin Deep.