This fruity Papaya Enzyme Mask uses the natural enzymes found in papaya to dissolve dead skin cells on the skin's surface.
Choose less-ripe papayas for this papaya enzyme facial mask because they contain the highest concentration of papain. Adding honey helps to moisturize skin.
• 2 teaspoons (or more) dry rolled oats
• 1/2 cup fresh papaya, peeled and diced
• 1 teaspoon honey
• 2 drops rose geranium essential oil
1. Pulverize dry rolled oats in a coffee grinder into a coarse powder, to make 2 teaspoons of oat flour. Puree papaya in a food processor until smooth.
2. Mix in honey and essential oil, and enough oat flour to make a thick but spreadable mask.
3. Cleanse your face and neck with warm water, and smooth the mask onto your skin. Relax for 15 minutes, then remove the mask with warm water.
Laurel Vukovic writes and teaches about herbs and natural healing from her home in southern Oregon. She is the author of 1001 Natural Remedies (DK, 2003) and Herbal Healing Secrets for Women (Prentice Hall, 2000).
Click here for the original article, Natural Exfoliants for Radiant Skin.
Sit in on dozens of practical workshops from the leading authorities on natural health, organic gardening, real food and more!LEARN MORE