Oatmeal cleansers are a great homemade skin remedy for mild exfoliation.
Oatmeal makes a mild skin exfoliant.
Photo By Fotolia/gitusik
An oatmeal facial cleanser and scrub is an excellent alternative to soap. Oatmeal scrubs provide mild exfoliation and are soothing for dry or irritated skin.
• 1 cup dry rolled oats
• 1 teaspoon skin cream (dry skin)
• 1 teaspoon plain yogurt (oily skin)
• 1 drop rose geranium or lavender essential oil (optional)
1. Grinding dry rolled oats in a blender into a coarse powder and store in a covered container.
2. Mix 1 heaping teaspoon of pulverized oats with 1 teaspoon of skin cream (for dry skin) or 1 teaspoon of plain yogurt (for oily skin).
3. Add essential oil if desired. Dampen your face with warm water, and massage your skin with the mixture. Rinse well with warm water.
Laurel Vukovic writes and teaches about herbs and natural healing from her home in southern Oregon. She is the author of 1001 Natural Remedies (DK, 2003) and Herbal Healing Secrets for Women (Prentice Hall, 2000).
Click here for the original article, Natural Exfoliants for Radiant Skin.
More than 150 workshops, great deals from more than 200 exhibitors, off-stage demos, inspirational keynotes, and great food!LEARN MORE