Pamper your feet with this soothing alfalfa mint foot bath.
This soak, followed by a simple foot massage using a natural oil such as grapeseed or sunflower, will do wonders for tired, overworked feet.
Combined with cooling herbs such as mint and thyme, alfalfa makes an energizing foot bath. This soak, followed by a simple foot massage using a natural oil such as grapeseed or sunflower, will do wonders for tired, overworked feet. You may use fresh alfalfa and herbs in this recipe by simply doubling the amounts called for. MAKES ENOUGH FOR 1 FOOT BATH
• 2 tablespoons dried alfalfa leaves
• 1 tablespoon dried mint leaves
• 1 tablespoon dried thyme leaves
• 1 gallon hot water
• 2 tablespoons Epsom salts
1. Place the dried or fresh herbs inside a tea ball or square of cheesecloth. Fill a large basin with hot water and pour in the Epsom salts. Float the herb bundle in the water and let it steep until the water is cool enough for your feet.
2. To use: Soak your feet in the fragrant water for 15 to 20 minutes. Pat the skin dry and massage feet with one of the natural oils listed above.
Click here for the main article, Body & Soul: How to Take Care of Your Feet.
Sit in on dozens of practical workshops from the leading authorities on Natural Health, Organic Gardening, Real Food and more!LEARN MORE