Use this homemade sea salt scrub on dry skin.
Natural exfoliants, such as salt, sugar or finely ground grains, remove dead skin cells through abrasion. Note: Salt is too abrasive and drying for facial skin.
Photo By Miroslawa Drozdowski/Fotolia
This homemade sea salt scrub uses almonds and honey to moisturize while smoothing skin.
• 1/2 cup finely ground almonds
• 1/2 cup sea salt
• 2 tablespoons almond oil
• 2 tablespoons liquid honey
• 5 drops frankincense essential oil
• 5 drops rose essential oil
1. Mix all ingredients together in a small unbreakable container. Wet your body in a warm shower, and apply the scrub to your legs, arms and torso.
2. Massage into your skin with a circular motion, rinse well and pat your skin dry. The oil in this body scrub makes the tub slippery, so use a rubber tub mat to prevent falls.
Laurel Vukovic writes and teaches about herbs and natural healing from her home in southern Oregon. She is the author of 1001 Natural Remedies (DK, 2003) and Herbal Healing Secrets for Women (Prentice Hall, 2000).
Click here for the original article, Natural Exfoliants for Radiant Skin.
More than 150 workshops, great deals from more than 200 exhibitors, off-stage demos, inspirational keynotes, and great food!LEARN MORE