Magic Zoom Balls
This alternative to caffeine drinks and other “uppers” may help your college student stay healthfully alert. The guarana powder is high in caffeine but has only one alkaloid compared with the thirteen alkaloids in coffee, says herbalist Rosemary Gladstar.
MAKES SIXTEEN 1-OUNCE BALLS.
• 3 ounces guarana powder
• 1 ounce kola nut powder
• 1 ounce bee pollen
• 2 ounces Siberian ginseng
• 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg, coriander, cardamom (optional, for flavor)
• 1 cup tahini or sesame butter (or other nut butter)
• 1/2 cup honey
• 1 package chocolate or carob chips
• 6 ounces shredded coconut
• 1/4 cup chopped walnuts or almonds
• Unsweetened carob powder
1. In a medium-size bowl, stir the herbs into the nut butter and the honey. 2. Add the chocolate or carob chips, coconut, and nuts. 3. Thicken the mixture with the unsweetened carob powder and roll into balls. 4. Place in a plastic container that can be sealed tightly and store in a cool place. Gladstar says one to two balls will “brighten your brain.”
Read the full article: Home Cure Care Packages.