This herbal steam facial is perfect for oily skin.
- 3 parts comfrey leaf (Symphytum officinale)
- 2 parts calendula (Calendula officinalis)
- 1 part raspberry leaf (Rubus idaeus)
- 1 part sage (Salvia officinalis)
- 1/4 part rosemary (Rosmarinus officinalis)
- Combine the herbs, adjusting the amounts to suit your skin type. Store in an airtight glass bottle.
- Bring 2 to 3 quarts of water to a boil in a large pot. Toss in a healthy handful of herbs, cover, and let simmer for a couple of minutes. Then remove the pot from the heat and place it on a heatproof surface at a level that will enable you to comfortably sit and place your face over the pot.
- Leaning over the pot, drape a large, thick towel over your head and the pot, capturing the steaming herb water. It will get very hot under the towel. To regulate the heat, raise or lower your head or lift a corner of the towel to let in a little cool air. Steam for 5 to 8 minutes.
Excerpted from Rosemary Gladstar’s Family Herbal: A Guide to Living Life with Energy, Health, and Vitality. Published by Storey Books. Copyright 2001 Rosemary Gladstar. Reprinted with permission from Storey Communications, Inc.
Click here for the original article, Home Beauty Treatments.