This herbal bath recipe helps soothe muscle soreness and stiffness. Add a generous amount of Epsom salts, which contain large amounts of muscle-relaxing magnesium. Essential oils, such as eucalyptus, ginger, lavender, rosemary, marjoram and peppermint, also help ease soreness.
- 2 cups Epsom salts
- 1 cup baking soda
- 10 drops lavender essential oil
- 5 drops rosemary essential oil
- 5 drops marjoram essential oil
- Fill a bathtub with warm water;
- While bath fills, add Epsom salts and baking soda.
- Just before entering the tub, add essential oils and mix into the water with your hand.
- Soak for 20 minutes.
Laurel Vukovic writes and teaches about herbs from her home in southern Oregon. She is the author of 1,001 Natural Remedies (DK, 2003) and Herbal Healing Secrets for Women (Prentice Hall, 2000).
Click here for the original article, Skin Deep: Heal Sports Injuries Naturally.