Whip up a beautiful you with a daily herbal facial.
This is an excellent astringent following your daily facial. It helps to reduce the size of pimples and frequency of outbreaks. MAKES ABOUT 1 CUP (ENOUGH FOR ABOUT 30 APPLICATIONS)
• 16 ounces distilled witch hazel
• 2 tablespoons chopped echinacea root
• 2 tablespoons chopped comfrey root
• 1 tablespoon thyme
1. Combine all ingredients in an airtight jar. Shake. Place jar in a dark, warm place. Shake daily for 2 to 3 weeks. The mixture will be the color of iced tea when ready. Strain.
2. Apply astringent with a cotton ball, 2 to 3 times a day. Use for 6 months to 1 year.
Marguerite King is a medicinal herbalist specializing in herbal skin care. She owns and operates The Herb Patch Nursery and Soapworks in Pocatello, Idaho.
Click here for the main article, 5 Herbal Facials.
More than 150 workshops, great deals from more than 200 exhibitors, off-stage demos, inspirational keynotes, and great food!LEARN MORE