If your hair is normal and you don’t need an herbal antidote but would like to use an herb-based shampoo, this recipe will work well for you. You may use fresh or dried herbs, although dried herb formulations will last longer.
• 1 cup spring water
• 1 tablespoon orange peel
• 1 tablespoon nettle
• 2 teaspoons rosemary
• 1 tablespoon chamomile
• 1 teaspoon peppermint
• 2 cups castile soap
• 8 drops grapefruit essential oil (a natural preservative)
1. Bring the water to a boil, then remove from heat.
2. Add the herbs, cover, and steep for forty-five minutes.
3. Strain and cool the infusion, then add it to the castile soap.
4. Pour into a bottle and add the grapefruit essential oil.
Melinda Minton is a licensed cosmetologist, herbalist, and esthetician. She is the owner of Vie Salon and Day Spas in Fort Collins, Colorado. Her articles have appeared in The Herb Companion, Herbs for Health’s sister publication.
Click here for the original article, An Herbal Guide to Healthy Hair.
Sit in on dozens of practical workshops from the leading authorities on natural health, organic gardening, real food and more!LEARN MORE