Try this fruity herbal conditioner to soften your hair
This rinse is good for all hair types. It’s very gentle and has a lovely scent produced by the mingling of the fruity and musty herbs.
• 1 cup spring water
• 1 tablespoon lavender blossoms
• 1 tablespoon burdock
• 1 tablespoon sage
• 1 tablespoon basil
• 1/4 cup rosewater
• 1/4 teaspoon birch essential oil
• 1/4 teaspoon benzoin tincture
1. Bring the spring water to a boil and remove from heat.
2. Add the herbs.
3. Cover the pan and steep for forty-five minutes.
4. Strain the infusion, then let it cool.
5. Add the remaining ingredients, mix well, and bottle.
6. Label and use within twelve months if you’ve used dried herbs, ten days if you’ve used fresh herbs.
Melinda Minton is a licensed cosmetologist, herbalist, and esthetician. She is the owner of Vie Salon and Day Spas in Fort Collins, Colorado. Her articles have appeared in The Herb Companion, Herbs for Health’s sister publication.
Click here for the original article, The Herbal Guide to Healthy Hair.
More than 150 workshops, great deals from more than 200 exhibitors, off-stage demos, inspirational keynotes, and great food!LEARN MORE