Our feet have 250,000 sweat glands and can produce as much as 4 ounces of perspiration in a single day. Dusting your soles once or twice a day with a deodorizing foot powder will help to keep them dry and healthy. Calendula (Calendula officinalis) contains antibacterial properties, perfect for use in this soothing, deodorizing foot powder. MAKES 1/3 CUP
• 1/4 cup cornstarch
• 2 tablespoons baking soda
• 1 tablespoon finely ground, dried calendula petals
• 1 to 2 drops geranium essential oil
1. Place all of the ingredients in a dry jar or resealable plastic bag and shake well to mix.
2. Pour the powder into a clean, dry container.
3. To use: Sprinkle the powder on clean, dry feet and gently massage into the skin, especially between toes.
Click here for the main article, Body & Soul: How to Take Care of Your Feet.
Sit in on dozens of practical workshops from the leading authorities on natural health, organic gardening, real food and more!LEARN MORE