Mangos are a popular food because they are sweet and succulent, but they also are an effective skin softener and conditioner. Combined with ground avocado pit and orange zest, they make the perfect treat for tired skin. After polishing your body with this recipe, you’ll have glowing skin. Makes 8 ounces (one treatment).
• 1 whole mango, peeled and chopped
• 1 tablespoon ground avocado pit (saved from a fresh avocado, ground in food processor or coffee grinder)
• 1 tablespoon dried orange zest
1. In a small bowl, mash mango with a fork. Add ground avocado pit and orange zest; stir well.
2. To use, massage over body before showering. Rinse with warm water, then again with cool water.
Janice Cox is the author of Natural Beauty at Home (Henry Holt and Company, New York) available in bookstores nationwide. For more information and recipes, visit her at www.herbcompanion.com/contributors .
Click here for the main article, Body & Soul: Tropical Spa Treatments .
More than 150 workshops, great deals from more than 200 exhibitors, off-stage demos, inspirational keynotes, and great food!LEARN MORE