This Heal-Your-Headache Massage Oil recipe can help relax tense muscles at the back of the neck (a common source of headaches) or help loosen stiff shoulders. Use a favorite variety of scented geraniums, such as rose, lemon or peppermint, or substitute clary sage or more lavender.
• 4 tablespoons lavender flower buds
• 2 tablespoons marjoram flowers and leaves
• 2 tablespoons rose (or other scented) geranium leaves, chopped
• 1 cup almond oil
1. Place herbs in a jar and cover completely with oil.
2. Stir, close the jar and keep it warm for a couple of days.
3. Strain out the herbs and pour the oil into a pretty bottle. Store it in a cool place.
Kathi Keville is director of the American Herb Association and author of 12 books, including Aromatherapy for Dummies (IDG, 1999) and Herbs: An Illustrated Encyclopedia (Friedman/Fairfax Publishing, 1999).
Click here for the original article, Body & Soul: Recipe for Relaxation.
Sit in on dozens of practical workshops from the leading authorities on natural health, organic gardening, real food and more!LEARN MORE