Use common kitchen ingredients to treat oily skin.
Makes 2 ounces
Oranges contain citric acid, making this mask ideal for troubled or blotchy skin. Egg whites also are a good choice for oily skin types.
• 1 egg white
• Juice of 1⁄2 orange (approximately 1⁄4 cup)
• 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary leaves
1. Beat egg white until white and foamy, using a small whisk or fork.
2. Add orange juice and rosemary and stir.
3. To use: Spread the mixture onto clean skin and leave on for 5 to 10 minutes. Rinse with cool water and pat skin dry. Discard any remaining mask, as it does not keep well.
Janice Cox is the author of Natural Beauty from the Garden (Henry Holt and Company, 1999), available in bookstores nationwide. For more recipes and ideas, find her at www.herbcompanion.com/contributors .
Click here for the original article, Body & Soul: Achieve Healthy Skin with Homemade Facial Masks.
More than 150 workshops, great deals from more than 200 exhibitors, off-stage demos, inspirational keynotes, and great food!LEARN MORE