Makes 6 ounces
Fennel leaves make a mild and gentle cleanser that is especially well-suited for dry and sensitive skin types. This simple lotion is a good alternative to soap.
• 2 teaspoons fresh fennel leaves
• 1 tablespoon honey
• ½ cup boiling water
• ¼ cup buttermilk
1. Combine fennel leaves and water and let steep until cool (about 20 minutes).
2. Strain the mixture and stir in all remaining ingredients.
3. To use, pour a small amount into the palm of your hand and massage into your face and neck.
4. Rinse with warm water, then pat your skin dry.
Janice Cox is the author of Natural Beauty from the Garden (Henry Holt and Company, 1999), available in bookstores nationwide. For more recipes and ideas, find her at www.herbcompanion.com/contributors .
Click here for the original article, Body & Soul: Achieve Healthy Skin with Homemade Facial Masks .